Cotton Linen Oblong Tablecloth with Handmade Lace Embroidery Ivory Pale Yellow 59" x 78" Table Linen
Vintage ivory (pale yellow) 59" x 78" handmade oblong tablecloth worked completely by hand by talented fiber artist Dorothy Hoboya of 100% hand-loomed cotton linen with exquisite hand embroidery! A very festive textile linen piece of the highest quality workmanship and materials.
Although designed for a rectangle shaped dining table, this handmade linen tablecloth could be used just as nicely on an oblong shape table.
- Age: (c. 1990's)
- Condition: Excellent and Unused
- Made of 100% ivory or pale yellow cotton linen
- 100% handmade
- Hand-crochet scallop white lace
- Hand-loomed cotton linen
- Light Brown and White hand embroidery
- Hand-stitched scalloped top stitching
- Hand-crochet lace edging
- Oblong tablecloth measures 59" wide x 78" long / 39" wide with a 10" drop
- Machine Wash / Dry Delicate
- Weighs 1 pound 7.8 ounces unpacked
- For a proper fit for your tablecloth, it's important to have an accurate measurement of your table, the way you'll be using it (with or without leaves). The crochet lace fabric hanging over the edge of the table is referred to as the "drop." It is certainly proper to have a longer drop on the sides than on the ends. The proper drop is determined by the style of the tablecloth and your table setting:
Casual Table Linens should display a drop 6" to 10" each or all sides.
Formal Table Linens should display a drop of 8" to 18" per side.
The longer the drop, the more luxurious look can be achieved. It is proper for the drop of the tablecloth to touch just the top of your chair seats. In a formal setting, the chairs are placed around and up to the table -- never tucked under.
(Antique cherry dining table and antique china bowl centerpiece not included.)
Recommended washing instructions for handmade tablecloths made of natural fabrics, such as cotton, linen and lace are to machine or hand wash and line dry.
* Gentle detergent or soap (Ivory/Woolite) can be used with the gentle cycle of your wash. A large bath towel, hung over a shower rod, makes a perfect ‘indoor clothes line’ for drying textile linens.
* Many times, machine drying can cause the fabric to become damaged and it may even shrink. If you must use a dryer, use the gentle cycle / tumble with no heat. Do not over-dry as this may cause any wrinkles to ‘set’.
* For heavily soiled tablecloths, tea cloths, doilies and other table linens, soak the linens in cold water for a few hours (or even overnight) prior to washing.
* The fastest, most reliable way of achieving that ‘just ironed’ look for your table linens is to have the tablecloth, tea cloth, doily or other table linen pressed by your local dry cleaners.
A1010 - Cotton Linen Oblong Tablecloth with Handmade Lace Embroidery Ivory Pale Yellow 59" x 78" Table Linen